How to prepare and run a product design sprint for a startup from New York
About the Client
Voicer is a young startup aiming to rule the world of voice message sharing. They developed sophisticated algorithms for matching people with similar preferences and interests. Whether it's an entrepreneurship podcast, blog, or the latest neighborhood gossip, you'll find all the information you want.
Voicer came to Ideamotive with an idea. They wanted to build an app for audio/voice recording, with an advanced algorithm for sharing personal content. The Voicer team has never worked with an agency before. The target group and business model was also to be developed during our meetings.
- the client never had any contact with software agency
- the initial idea wasn't marketable
- there were no designs or low-fidelity wireframes
- the client did not have a clear vision statement
- no customer segmentation or geosegmentation
Before the first workshop, we sent to Voicer a series of questions regarding business, technology, and design. After receiving an extensive set of answers and analyzing it, we decided to organize a product design sprint. During the first workshop we decided on the target audience, business model, and functional overview. Then we created mock-ups, prototypes and, finally, high-fidelity clickable design.Here are the most significant actions we performed:
- workshop on Ideamotive's agile project management process
- conducting research on the main areas of interest
- specifying customer segmentation, the vision statement and the ways in which we would build visibility and recognition
- clarifying the idea and revenue streams
- creating mockups and selecting the designs for the final app
The Voicer team defined their product including target audience, business model, overall design and tech skills needed to create an MVP. They also received estimations on how long it would take to build the app and how much it would cost. They are ready to sell their prototype to investors, show it to a potential customer and make deeper market research without writing one line of code.
- high-fidelity app prototype, ready to be showed to potential investors and final users
- well-defined business model
- estimates of costs, length and technical skills needed to complete the MVP