How to scale a marketplace for creating visuals of house facades
About the Client
Fasadio is the winner of ReaktorX, a Warsaw-based startup pre-accelerator program. Fasadio is an online marketplace for connecting customers with facade architects, who are able to create elevation visualizations, estimate the investment cost and propose materials for the project implementation.
After winning the ReaktorX, Magda, founder and CEO of Fasadio, came to us in order to transform her business idea into a Minimal Viable Product. Our primary task was to automate their workflow and customer service process to scale the business up while sticking to tight deadlines.We faced the following challenges:
- First agile IT project for the client
- Lack of client's technical knowledge
- Undefined business processes
- Development of a clear UX flow
- Tight MVP release deadline
- Choice the right payment gateway for recurring payments
We had to define and describe business processes, as well as design the user interface. Additionally, after workshops, we created a set of solutions that we could implement into the user workflow.
The project caught our eye from the beginning. As always, we started with a workshop. This time we went through the business model, sources of revenue and development strategy. Together with Fasadio's CEO, we identified the business processes, then validated and improved them by offering alternative solutions. Once we had agreed on objectives, our UX/UI team drew the remaining layouts and the programmers set to work.Solutions we implemented:
- Extensive workshops on the business model and logic
- An agile approach for maximum flexibility and faster progress
- Comfortable and friendly communication between users
- Intentional minimal admin panel for MVP
- Integration with Google Documents API
- Ruby on Rails as the technology of choice
As a result of our work, Fasadio has dramatically increased the volume of orders they can process giving them a substantial competitive advantage. Besides the messaging system, we implemented the improved communication flow for all platform users. Since the MVP launch order processing speed has risen dramatically and as a consequnece the revenue figures have increased as well. After seeing the results Fasadio has decided to continue to work with us to scale their business further.