Ideamotive Weekly Digest #2
Article byPatrycja Mach
2 min read
Ready for the next collection of the best news about startups and technology? This time you’ll read about the newest Raspberry Pi 4 and Google’s robots.txt parser. Enjoy!
- Founders of Mailbox are back with their second product: Navigator.
- The AI-enabled assistant was created to enable more efficient work and communication.
- Thanks to raising $12 million in Series A funding the tool has been beta testing within 50 organizations.
- The main goal is to stop losing time for inefficient and unprofitable meetings.
- The bot learns the topic and helps participants during the meeting by organizing information.
- The Raspberry Pi foundation launched the Raspberry Pi 4.
- The device has a new, powerful processor, the Broadcom BCM2711 and 4K video output.
- Two USB 2.0 ports are replaced with USB 3.0.
- The version comes with 1GB, 2GB or 4GB RAM.
- 83% of the top 12 active investors in Texas are actually based in this state.
- Telehealth startup Remedy had raised $10 million in Series A.
- RV rental marketplace Outdoorsy, located in Austin, saw 400% growth.
- Accelerator Capital Factory launched a podcast highlighting startups and investors in Texas.
- APICBASE raised € 1.5 million in an investment round by Newion.
- Their food management platform, which helps with automatization and optimization.
- The company’s goal is to support kitchen teams, marketing, sales and management.
- The startup launched a specifically designed photo studio that has met with success.
- Google announced that they open sourced the C++ library, used for parsing robots.txt files.
- Some parts of the code were written in the ’90s.
- They included a testing tool for testing rules.
- The code is in available their GitHub repository.