Ideamotive Weekly Digest #4
Article byPatrycja Mach
2 min read
Ready for the next collection of the best articles about coding, startups, and technology?
- Microsoft Security Response Centre claims that the majority of vulnerabilities are caused by developers who have accidentally inserted memory corruption bugs into their C and C++ code.
- Microsoft provides many tools to help write secure code like complex static analysis tools, taint analysis and constraint solvers.
- Rather than investing in more tools, they consider languages regarded as safe from memory corruption vulnerabilities.
- Rust, invented by Mozilla, was mentioned as the most promising programming language consistent with the requirements.
- Microsoft is investing $1 billion in OpenAI .
- They’re partnering to develop a platform within Microsoft Azure.
- Microsoft wants to use AGI to solve laborious problems, like climate change.
- Instead of building a product, they plan to license some of pre-AGI technologies.
- Facebook AI engineers have developed a new method for creating accurate maps.
- The method uses fully convolutional neural networks for semantic segmentation and Weakly Supervised Training and predicts road networks from satellite imagery.
- Details of the model are available through the Map With AI
- The system was used to map roads in Thailand in Open Street Map
- The VR and AI Enhancement: there are many examples from Snapchats filtres to Machine Learning Microscope of Google
- Consumer Entertainment: VR headset technology, like Oculus, is becoming more and more accessible.
- Education and Training: VR can reduce employees training. The examples are Walmart and the U.S. Army.
- Travel and Tourism: VR allows experience travel destinations, explore cruise ship rooms, check venues and restaurants.
- The future of VR is to ensure users the VR experience regardless of their location.
- Deepfakes caused a panic when people saw possibilities of AI like swapping faces.
- Technology is constantly evolving regardless of any effort to stop it.
- The problem is not with AI, but when with believe the full story when we only know a few details.
- AI will still erode the false comforts we enjoy. The only choice is the attempt to understand it and use it.